Welcome to the reboot of The Red Hat Cafe! After a lot of work, the services were restored as well as many other things. New features and other things will come soon. Just remember to join our Discord.
I am Baby Luigi, the same moron you all know and love who joined RVLution since 2015 to post a Baby Mario and Baby Luigi for New Super Mario Bros. Wii hack and stuck around for whatever reason. I'm known as BabyLuigiOnFire in some other places, and that includes Discord. I know a lot about model importing, not just for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but for many different games. This includes Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party 9, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Left 4 Dead 2, Garry's Mod, and most recently, Grand Theft Auto V. So if you want to ask questions on model importing, I guess you could come to me if there's no one better available.
Oh and for some reason I'm interested in Russian stuff, hence the rather incomprehensible introduction. Mostly self-taught, I can transcribe Cyrillic and I know some very basic vocabulary. The intro is probably the extent of my current skills, though, so *shrugs*.
This may be the most shocking thing about me but I'm actually a woman.
Why is that Baby Luigi in armor?
That's a fictional caricature of what I'd like to be represented as. Baby Luigi of course is my all-time favorite character and I don't want to look like anything but him when I want to represent myself as a drawing online. Call me unoriginal, but I feel I know what is best for me when it comes down to it.
The armor is inspired by costume parts from one of my all-time favorite games, Spore: Galactic Adventures. I always liked how the "wings" of the Hop Gogs mesh together with the Regen-Deflector and Power Shield to serve as the helmet, and the bright purple Toxic Crystal swords gives my caricature the type of dangerous air that I always wanted. Not to mention the Danger Reductor makes for an excellent breastplate. To top things off, the Ducal Cape on the back simply looks too cool to be ignored!
I didn't actually just take the parts from the game and slapped it all over the model. I've modeled all the armor pieces myself using the pieces as a guide, and I've used Substance Painter to give them even better textures than their original selves, the right amount of wear and tear to demonstrate the battle-hardened warrior I'd like to be.
Oh and the colors are akin to the asexual pride flag which is mostly a coincidence, and my sexual orientation is asexual.
Programs I use
*3DS Max 2010 (my general purpose model tool, use it for all of my model imports)
*Maya 2014 (used it to create new 3D models)
*headus UVLayout (for all of my UV unwrap needs)
*Substance Painter (credit for the amazing textures on my model!)
*GIMP (my image-editing program of choice -and the only one I could really use-)
Not to mention a bunch of game specific mod programs such as Open IV, Smash Forge, Brawl Box, Source SDK tools for the Source engine, and SZS Modifier.
Fun Fax about Baby Luigi
* Baby Luigi is voiced by a 60 year old man, the same guy who voices Mario. He goes by the name Charles Martinet. Baby Luigi's voice sounds filtered in-game, this is what he sounds like without any studio filters
* Baby Luigi has appeared in the opening cutscene with Baby Mario in Mario Power Tennis opening. However, it is not until Mario Sports Superstars where he'll receive a playable role in a tennis-like game.
* Baby Luigi cameos in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. He appears mostly in the Yoshi Park tracks, having dedicated colored crayon-like pictures of him and he and Baby Mario have their own sponsor, Baby Land, which is a spoof of Baby Park.
* Baby Luigi was created the same year I was born in, 1995. I'm older than Baby Luigi by around five months, though.
* Baby Luigi's shoes are a slightly darker shade of green than his shirt and his cap. Inspecting his texture files from Mario Super Sluggers will confirm it.
* Baby Luigi's trophy model in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is nearly identical to his Mario Super Sluggers model. Aside from slight palette changes, the textures are identical. However, in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, all of his textures are split up separately.
* Baby Park's filenames in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! all use "BabyLuigi" as a prefix/suffix, rather than use Baby Mario for some strange reason.
* Baby Luigi has voice clips he says in the Awards Ceremony in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! that has remained exclusively only for that scene. Such examples are "Baby power, baby power!", "Way nice, way nice", and "Haha, Weegee, Weegee, Weegee number one." Other voice clips have been reused in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
* In the Super Mario-Kun manga, volume 14 based off Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island there's a scene that has Baby Luigi pissing on Bowser.
* In the Super Mario-Kun manga, volumes 35, 36, and 37, the ones based off Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Baby Luigi can speak articulately despite being a baby and his designs in black and white have his shirt colored white to differentiate from Baby Mario's black shirt.
* In a KC Mario manga, Baby Luigi can fly a Yoshi helicopter and pose like a badass
* Mario exorcises a demon from Baby Luigi.
* Baby Luigi's ring finger is longer than his index finger.
* The most prominent key difference of Baby Luigi to Baby Mario other than the color is the shape of his head, his hair on the side of his face, and his worried-looking eyebrows. If they wear the same outfit, you can tell them apart by looking for those key differences.
* Baby Luigi's hat shape is actually a different model than Luigi's hat. Baby Luigi's hat is exaggeratingly large, and it is more diamond-shaped than Luigi's hat.
* Baby Luigi has not received any official artwork until his playable debut in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. Poor guy has not received any official artwork for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
* Baby Luigi is seen depicted with striped socks in his solo artwork rather than his usual white ones in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, though even artwork portrayals are inconsistent such as the Copy Flower one. Not to mention his sprite does not have any socks.
* Baby Luigi's artwork in Mario Kart 8 has him getting sprayed by a Blooper, alluding to Luigi's artwork being sprayed by a Blooper from Mario Kart DS. This is his only Wii U era artwork of him so far.
* Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are the only characters in Mario Sports Superstars to have completely new made animations for them in Golf. In Tennis, this applies to Baby Luigi and Birdo. This is his debut appearance in a tennis and golf game.
* Baby Luigi bounces the ball using his head in soccer from Mario Sports Superstars, same with Baby Mario. Other characters use their feet or other appendages.
* Baby Mario has a texture glitch on top of his legs (hidden from view) in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii. Baby Luigi does not.
* Baby Luigi is very marginally taller than Baby Mario, probably due to his longer head in height. He is also very slightly skinnier.
* Baby Luigi's eyes can glitch out when he loses a point in the tennis mode of Mario Sports Superstars.
* Baby Luigi does not speak articulately in Mario Super Sluggers. He simply utters baby onomatopoeia that only Lakitu can interpret, despite Baby Luigi being capable of some linguistic capabilities in Mario Kart: Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii.
* I've probably modded or created Baby Luigi in more games than he is playable in. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Left 4 Dead 2, Mario Party 9, Garry's Mod, MUGEN, Grand Theft Auto V, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Spore: Galactic Adventures, and Super Mario Bros. X are some of the ones I know, and I might have missed some.
* I own a lot of Baby Luigi merchandise. I own two Baby Luigi San-ei plushies, a World of Nintendo Baby Luigi plush, a Furuta Baby Luigi mini-figure, a Yujin keychain Baby Luigi figurine, two of his Mario Sports Superstars cards, a Baby Luigi stylus, a Baby Luigi necklace chain, and the rare Super Mario Figure collection figurine-standing at around 2 and a half inches, it is probably the biggest Baby Luigi figurine ever made. I don't have a Baby Luigi bath ball though, despite getting all the other characters and that makes me cry.
* Baby Luigi's face is covered by Diddy Kong's dumb tail in Mario Superstar Baseball at the end scene photo.
* Baby Luigi's name is mentioned when Luigi faces off against King Boo in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. He says, "Why, if it isn't my old pal Luigi! Or is it Baby Luigi? I can't tell the difference."
* Baby Mario and Baby Luigi's pant designs are different than their older selves. They are less detailed, and have one line running down the back rather than two lines.
Baby Luigi's name in many languages!
English, Dutch, German, Italian: Baby Luigi
Japanese: ベビィルイージ (Bebī Ruīji)
Spanish: Bebé Luigi
French: Bébé Luigi
Portuguese: Luigi Bebé
Russian: Малыш Луиджи (Malysh Luidzhi)
Korean: 베이비 루이지 (Beibi Ruiji)
Chinese: 路易吉寶寶 (Lùyìjí Bǎo Bǎo)